New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13789 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  11:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to John Davies of Dukestown and Dalex for these fascinating photos of the Carpenters Yard in 1936

Now, who knows where the Carpenters Yard was ?

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  12:38:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Behind Gaspareni [spelling ]Fish shop my Grandparents lived there lived there
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6214 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2012 :  12:56:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to say at the top of church st, and veer to your left at the Globe,or as You say behind Gasperini's, Or in Modern times about 200 yards or so opposite Lidls ..
Go to Top of Page

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1787 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  14:00:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was researching my Family History I found out that my grandmothers relatives Billie Cuss and some Rendells used to live in Carpenters Row.

Billie Cuss's daughter, Barbara was a stunning beautiful girl.

The Harrimans were also related to me.

Some Cusses still live in Rhymney.
Go to Top of Page

rose bush
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  14:20:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love these two photo`s It gives me an insite into the Tredegar my nan and granch grew up in.Many thanks for letting us all see them.

Edited by - rose bush on 20/02/2012 14:29:05
Go to Top of Page

trish

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  15:51:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Many thanks to John Davies of Dukestown and Dalex for these fascinating photos of the Carpenters Yard in 1936

Now, who knows where the Carpenters Yard was ?
My Grandparents, William John and Sarah Little lived at 7 Carpenters Yard in 1911. Unfortunately, I don't know how long they lived there. I do know tht they kept pigs in the back garden.

Go to Top of Page

Shropshire Lass

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  07:49:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photos. My Paternal 3xGreat Grandparents, John and Elizabeth Price and their Children, lived at 2 Carpenters Yard during the 1870's before moving to Commercial Road by 1881.
Also, my Mum spoke fondly of the Gasperini family. And she said their chips were wonderful. (1930's)
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  23:23:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes marvellous photos.My family (Hopkins,Williams) also ,strangely ,lived in 2 Carpenters Yard for many many years after about 1880
Go to Top of Page

happa_lee_uk

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2012 :  13:25:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary, I think we are related. . how I dont quite know but with your help you may be able to help me finding that out, my family also were the Williams (or at least the inlaws) who lived at 2 Carpenters yard in the 1880s, im connected to Emma Williams who married Arthur Collins in 1911, he lived at the Coach and Horses on Charles Street, email me on happa_lee_uk@yahoo.co.uk I have a few bits to send you, all the best! Lee
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2012 :  16:47:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya happa lee
I'm sfraid my e-mail to you wouldn't send address not recognised.
We are related Emma's brother Edmund was my grandfather.
Please contact me at garywilliams2003@yahoo.co.uk I've got lots of info regarding our family's history going back to early 1700s in some cases
Regards
Gary
Go to Top of Page

uptongirl

1 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  10:52:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am researching John & Elizabeth Price who lived at 2 Carpenters Yard. Any info would be great!
regards Sheila

S Mason
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

629 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  19:02:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mother lived in Carpenters Yard until about this time,when they knocked the houses down they was rehoused at Sycamore Ave.I wish the photo was a bit plainer as she could well be on it .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.