Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
158 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  03:44:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only ones who think that wine is the answer are winos and I know that you are not that.
quote:
Originally posted by milkman

Hey, you didnt mention thee NZ wines. We get good ones here already- with any luck they will be even better

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
432 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2020 :  16:29:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cape Golden Delicious apples always tasted much nicer than French, I wonder will we be able to buy those again.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1353 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2020 :  10:31:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had SA cape apples from Sainsbury's, depending on the time of year also Tescos also had SA fruit in Lidls (nothing to do with the EU) we imported $8.5 billion dollars worth of goods from SA in 2018.

Edited by - ddraig on 03/02/2020 10:53:20
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1408 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  11:55:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi rhydboy, I happened to see that before UK joined EEC that UK was Australia's second most important trading partner. Joining the EU has reduced that to 12th because of tariffs and the like. Thus Australia appears to be really looking forward to the new UK.
I think it almost certain that the NZ situation is similar. Thus it seems possible that the NZ economy and individual wealth and jobs in NZ will improve now we are leaving EU
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
158 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2020 :  19:15:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Milkman, many things have changed over the years since the UK (is it still united) joined the Common Market/EU. Britain once had a stranglehold over NZ and Aus and the populations of both countries have roughly doubled. With climate change we, all of us, are facing new challenges and we need to adapt. NZs economy was controlled by Britain now both NZ and Britain are subject to world forces and the caprice of an American President who should still be in infant school. Britain is in for turbulent times and is now facing facts that were not evident when the referendum was taken. Best of luck Tredegar.
quote:
Originally posted by milkman

Hi rhydboy, I happened to see that before UK joined EEC that UK was Australia's second most important trading partner. Joining the EU has reduced that to 12th because of tariffs and the like. Thus Australia appears to be really looking forward to the new UK.
I think it almost certain that the NZ situation is similar. Thus it seems possible that the NZ economy and individual wealth and jobs in NZ will improve now we are leaving EU

Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  20:26:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
18 years ago I was on holiday in South Africa and visited an estate that grew only golden delicious apples. The company 'cape' ran their own school for children of workers families.The estate supplied 95% of their produce to the UK and welcomed the EU directive that apples had to be labelled name and source; they were concerned that other producers could sell Golden Delicious of inferior quality.
Milkman, On sale this week at Aldi's is a NZ Sauvignon blanc for£4.99 Beautiful taste Don't hang about!! It sold out last year in 2 days

Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  10:25:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyhanks Ike, sounds excellent
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  16:55:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to worry about French wines.Australia, New Zealand,South Africa, South America, California all produce great wines.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1353 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  11:35:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've never had to worry about the availability of wines from Australia etc, why does everyone think we're going to get produce now, that we've been getting for years anyway?

Edited by - ddraig on 11/02/2020 11:36:59
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1606 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  12:27:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I right in thinking this topic in now being run by alcoholics anonymous. If so, can I please join.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.