New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

djholly
Advanced Member

656 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2020 :  04:24:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, my ignorance may end up killing people eh?. so blind acceptance of the government will save us?. so there are front line medical personnel and(even in this town), where do you think they get their guidelines on advice from?. the minister of health (government), passed onto local health boards thus passed on through staff to patients. whether the staff believe it or not they have to follow these instructions. after all the government only wants what's good for it's people doesn't it?. since this is a forum open to members to discuss local and even world events we should encourage conflicting points of view. but, as you've proved when someone (in this case seawolf86 and myself) has an opposing view it needs to be shut down or discredited. as previously mentioned please stock up on toilet roll and hand sanitizer, and hopefully you'll make it through this ordeal.
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2020 :  05:44:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, today, let’s give a shout out to people who are helping other people, at this time.
Is someone doing your shopping, that you’d like to thank
Has someone given you some things from their stock, that you couldn’t get at the shops
Is someone going the extra mile or turning up to do a job, that is putting them on the front line.
I’ll start and mention the very helpful and always cheery Carol on the self-service tills in Tesco, Ebbw Vale. She was there yesterday afternoon, helping and keeping the whole thing going, as always. Thanks, Carol.
Who can you think of?

Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  05:33:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listen –
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-52043153/coronavirus-health-board-says-pattern-is-the-same-seen-in-italy

...........and listen again –

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-52017981/coronavirus-doctor-speaks-of-being-struck-down-by-covid-19

Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  20:29:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To those of you who came out to cheer and clap at 8pm, thank you, from your NHS.
Thank you, for taking on board the message, from the Government and your Health Board. Roads are quieter, streets are almost empty, by doing this you are helping to beat Covid-19
Applaud yourselves tonight but do not drop your guard, PLEASE keep helping the NHS to stay strong, to serve the communities, that created it.

Go to Top of Page

das_flumpaz

20 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  06:43:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FFS DJ and SW.

Who exactly do you think you are impressing? ISIS are suspending all operations, drug gangs in Rio are going into isolation. Every hardcore Anarchist I've known from way back in the day is saying "listen to the government, stay at home".

Them lot are more anti-orthodoxy, anti-government than you could ever dream of being. So again I will ask, why do two blokes from Tred think they know more than all relevant scientists, clinicians and also every anti-government organisation in the world apart from the extreme, right-wing, YouTube nutters?

The ****ing Zapatistas are on lockdown. If you think that some bloke sat in front of his computer in Tredegar knows more about anti-government resistance than the Zapatistas then, after all this is over, I will personally pay for both of you to fly to Chiapas to explain to them exactly how you know more about resisting tyrannical government than they do.

Perhaps you can tell them about how much you whinged about the trolley boxes. They'll be really impressed with that one.

Edited by - das_flumpaz on 28/03/2020 06:54:16
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

656 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  07:17:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, my judgement is based on what i read online from various sites/news reports and alt. media sites that aren't run by government controlled media. and you criticise my views because i'm on a computer?, you've also highlighted my lack of not being a doctor so my conclusions are somehow worthless due to my not being on the frontline dealing with the flu. but, obviously your'e insight into the gangs in rio allegedly going into isolation eh? also your'e revelations into the tactics and operations of isis throughout various regions. i can only assume these are based on your'e recent trip to rio (and infiltration of mentioned gangs to gain inside info) and subsequent (stop off into isis headquarters and gaining their trust of leaders to gain first hand knowledge). or are your OPINIONS based on media reports?. hypocrite.
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  09:19:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday reading -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-52066956

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z6jhhbk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z6rxxyc

Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

656 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  13:06:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bit more reading, scroll down to see covid-19 status. not heard much in media about this - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
163 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  18:11:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really good to see the amount of information about Covid 19 on this page and on other outlets worldwide. What is amazing that a very few unqualified people can reach such astonishing conclusions and indulge in rumours and scaremongering. While the rest of the level headed population are able to take in facts, listen to expert advice and get on with making the best of it. We the vast majority are able to judge what is right and despite the shortcomings of some leaders, ignore the stupidity of the few dissenters who relish a few moments of what they presume to be regarded as sages. Suck it up and get on with it.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13699 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  18:43:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man thanks to Cloud-Collector for this..

Go to Top of Page

M. Evans

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  19:56:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales, there are 482 identified cases in the Aneurin Bevan health board area. A week or so back, when they were giving the figures by county, Blaenau Gwent had about 20 cases. It looked, then, as if Newport and Caerphilly had the most cases and I've been told (By someone working for the health board), that the Royal Gwent have most of the 482 cases. I don't know what area the Gwent covers but I know it used to cover up so far as Bedwellty. The question is does anyone know roughly the figure for Tredegar? Last week, I heard 2 in Sirhowy and 1 in Georgetown but even if that was right, it could have changed. If not, does anyone know of anyone who has been tested positive in Tredegar (I don't want names)?
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:29:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, here we are, about to put our clocks forward one hour for British Summer time. Who would have thought, last Autumn, when we put the clocks back 1 hour, that we would now be living in lockdown Britain? For many, Sunday is a time to enjoy the company of others, meals together, a drink together, group activities, rest and relaxation or for being out and about. That makes times like these, at best, frustrating/boring or at worst, lonely and depressing.
How do we overcome this in the days/weeks to come ?
We could –
Reach out to someone, with a phone call.
Teach people to use Skype or Zoom.
Listen to the radio – music if you chose or try the spoken word on Radio 4 extra, where you pick what you want to hear ( a favourite station of mine)
Make plans for when this is all over, what would you like to do, where would you like to go, near or far?
Reminisce, about times you have enjoyed, places you have been, who was there and what you all discussed.
Above all else, stay positive, don’t dwell on rumours, have sympathy for those who need it and support those who won’t always ask for it.
This will end, be ready for when it does – stay strong – stay informed – stay within the guidelines

Go to Top of Page

mrdojob

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  11:40:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently lockdown might last until June. I think it might get to a point where the government might give up with it. Already companies are financially stunted by this lockdown and we're only a week in.

I heard that it might cost up to 400 billion with the hopes of just 20000 deaths. As ruthless as it sounds that's a hell of a lot of money per life lost and resources are finite.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  12:36:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mrdojob,we may also think of, how much is being spent, on SAVING MILLIONS of lives. I think the point is, you cannot put a price on life. Keep safe.
Go to Top of Page

mrdojob

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  12:57:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by butch

Hi Mrdojob,we may also think of, how much is being spent, on SAVING MILLIONS of lives. I think the point is, you cannot put a price on life. Keep safe.

I'm don't think the virus will kill millions. It doesn't seem to have a very high fatality rate at all compared to other viruses. Resources are limited and the NHS have always been putting a price tag on lives. Someone's life does have a monetary value unfortunately. I'm very worried over the quality of my life after this virus. I often work 55+ hour weeks so the thought of a massively increased tax bill is keeping me awake at night.

Ito nice to think that life has no price tag. Many of my family members are vulnerable to this virus but the blank cheque on someone's life can and will be met by the reality that blank cheques don't exist and any that are given will need to be paid off by sending people to work gruelling hours that might break them and send them into depression. Being partially broken with the number of hours I work I'm not doing that, even if it means the tax I rise might potentially pay might save a life.

Edited by - mrdojob on 29/03/2020 13:02:04
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

174 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  18:13:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You absolutely right mrdojob. All this lock down nonsense will have drastic impact on our life in short future. You can not stop the whole economy of the country in the name of saving millions. People will die and suffer in much greater number than coronavirus patients. Mind my words. Continue this bullsh*t for few months more and we will all cry. And coronavirus won't be the reason. But I'm the ignorant here. I'm the moron. I'm the potential killer. If this ban will be not lifted soon you will see a lot of hunger, depression, suicides, violence, vandalism and other types of crime. But "stay at home and save lifes".
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  18:37:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting clickables.

https://www.worldometers.info/
https://www.gwentprepared.org.uk/
https://www.westernpower.co.uk/power-discovery-zone
http://www.natcen.ac.uk/
https://www.ffrindimi.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

mrdojob

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  13:23:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

You absolutely right mrdojob. All this lock down nonsense will have drastic impact on our life in short future. You can not stop the whole economy of the country in the name of saving millions. People will die and suffer in much greater number than coronavirus patients. Mind my words. Continue this bullsh*t for few months more and we will all cry. And coronavirus won't be the reason. But I'm the ignorant here. I'm the moron. I'm the potential killer. If this ban will be not lifted soon you will see a lot of hunger, depression, suicides, violence, vandalism and other types of crime. But "stay at home and save lifes".

It's a fine balancing act. The government can have a full lockdown for a year and save many lives but it'll come at the cost losing lives in the future when massive cutbacks on essential services are put in place and half of the population have no jobs to come back too, further upping the already frightening tax bill for those who are unlucky enough to have a job.

There will reach a time were the costs of saving lives are not worth the debt. My life has a value, my mother's life has a value, my sisters, grans, cousin and nephew also has a monetary value. Thinking otherwise is burying ones head in the sand because sooner or later we'll be confronted with the bill.

Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  18:30:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://archivetvmusings.blog/

This website will bring back lots of old TV memories !

Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  18:44:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More clickables -

https://www.gaugemap.co.uk/

https://www.flightradar24.com/

While I'm here, I would also like to thank Morrisons, Ebbw Vale, for their NHS shopping hour, brilliant service, much appreciated.

Edited by - Cloud-Collector on 31/03/2020 18:45:03
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

172 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  05:52:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need a stormy day/night here for this one but worldwide, there is always something going on.
http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php?map=12

This next one, is one of my favourites, if you zoom in really close, you can see all the inland waterway boats, hold you mouse over the boat symbol and it gives you info about the vessel

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4

Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

174 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  08:12:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some bad news. Now I know somebody, who knows somebody, who got coronavirus. My Wife sister's friend. Nurse in one of London Hospitals. Middle aged man. Died in self isolation. So be care full there people.
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
163 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  18:37:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad April the 1st trick Seawolf. Or is it it follows your usual deductive proccesses.
quote:
Originally posted by SeaWolf86

Some bad news. Now I know somebody, who knows somebody, who got coronavirus. My Wife sister's friend. Nurse in one of London Hospitals. Middle aged man. Died in self isolation. So be care full there people.

Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

174 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  19:20:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha. Unbelievable. I promised I let you know if I have first hand news. Believe or not, but this is actually true and I'm trying to be nice to you people. I don't know what was this man medical background, and if the reason he died was coronvirus, or not. But he showed symptoms, he went to self isolation and he is dead now. Even I do not have so sick sense of humour.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  21:26:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us hope & pray that the NHS can cope and save more lives because life is so precious, as Seawolf in the past has stated he was so grateful that the NHS saved his family members life and God Bless The NHS.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.