8pm Tonight... Clap for Carers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

IAmNotANumber

142 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  16:21:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll just leave this here - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/coronavirus-lockdown-uk-arrest-fine-police-rules-latest-a9428196.html
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber

142 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  16:25:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and this https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/?fbclid=IwAR2JE3FUrX-phqrwPtbh5b84wvRvMQXxKYFsmQcZ_fz5-MNBCKPA96arbUA
Go to Top of Page

mrdojob

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2020 :  16:28:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that sticking to government advice is sound. As far as I'm concerned though there is nothing wrong with driving to a secluded spot for a walk or jog. Social distancing is key and going to the middle of nowhere is as distant as you can get.
Go to Top of Page

IAmNotANumber

142 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2020 :  14:09:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrdojob

I think that sticking to government advice is sound. As far as I'm concerned though there is nothing wrong with driving to a secluded spot for a walk or jog. Social distancing is key and going to the middle of nowhere is as distant as you can get.

I agree with that, the part I took issue with was "I carry on with my life as normal, ignoring all that nonsense. So far I'm fine and all people around me. I do not know nobody, who know somebody, that actually got this virus. So I do not even have a first hand information how bad this flu actually is. Once I know, you will be the first person I will report this to ;)."
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1465 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  10:49:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently everyone had the idea of travelling to a "secluded" spot, unfortunately, it's only secluded if only one person travels to it and we all know how that turned out, with the Beacons and beaches, etc overflowing with people, surely there are enough secluded local areas to exercise.
A link to Beacons closures
https://www.breconbeacons.org/coronavirus-covid-19
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

190 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  11:09:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God help me... If you choose popular spots, then don't be surprised to see tons of people. On my 3 hour walk last Sunday I passed by one couple with dog and 3 cyclists. No force will keep me locked at home. Period. Besides, what means National Parks Closures? Somebody put a padlock on the gate?
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1465 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  11:40:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you exercised locally, without the need to travel far, then good for you, if you didn't then why should you be the exception to the rule?
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2020 :  20:30:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pleased to say that Clap for Carers
Will be happening every Thursday night at 8pm.
These wonderful people need to see how much we appreciate them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.