New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ddraig

United Kingdom
1607 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2020 :  11:06:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember when I was young, a neighbour, cooking a pigs head and setting the chimney on fire, the firemen took ages to put it out, I doubt that anyone now makes their own brawn and they most certainly don't cook on the fire.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5329 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  02:28:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about faggots and peas ?

Go to Top of Page

billbaily

945 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  08:18:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Was faggots & peas on the menu's at the seaside funfairs too? Not my cup of tea reminds me of haggis
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

945 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  08:25:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Did Mrs Wainwright have a stall near Josie's stall and wear her up in a bun? If I remember correctly she also sold wallflowers in a bucket next to the fridge she had the cakes in.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1313 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  11:05:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Faggots and peas were a must when you visited a town market. .Lots of pepper and vinegar .
Go to Top of Page

djholly

864 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2020 :  16:47:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
faggots 'n peas, reminded me of this story from last year - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/woman-advertising-faggots-fannys-caf-16898697
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5329 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2020 :  04:23:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never forget my gran's bread pudding and rice pudding ,what a treat
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.