Not going out community poem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2020 :  11:25:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Breaking News - Gorilla Rescues Rabbit

I admire the talent on BBC's Repair Shop, it's not a skill I find easy to do
They take old cherished family heirlooms.... restore them tastefully back to new

I remember Gladys' posh ceramic rabbit.... when flicking a yellow duster I hit him off our window sill
He wasn't a cheap one either.... my eyes were on stalks when she swiped Barclaycard at the till!

I scooped him up very swiftly to hide him.....knowing full well Glad would not be at all amused
I quickly gave him the once over... Oh My Days he did look a bit battered & bruised

Gorilla glue to the rescue.....on went his ears and feet
Put him back behind a potted plant.... chuffed that he looked pretty neat

But to my horror & disappointment I have to do all the dusting from now on
As looking closely with my spectacles. .... I put his Bleeping ears on completely wrong
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2020 :  11:51:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Look at all our Tredegar taxi's...parked up neatly in a row
Taking all our Tredegar shoppers....wherever they want to go

Where would we be without them...they're out whether it be sunshine or snow
Nipping quickly here & there...busy back and fore

A Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for being there for us
It's good to have an alternative when you don't want to take your full shop on the bus
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2020 :  13:30:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

ALBERTS CHALLENGE
TREDEGAR - COED DUON

I'm waiting in for a parcel ..... I'm listening & watching intently for the delivery van
I've recently bought a circulation gadget that was advertised by ex cricketer - Sir Ian Botham

We saw it on the telly......when Ian was sat on his plush settee
I'm hoping it will cure my aches & pains while I enjoy a brew of tea

It seems strange to see Sir Botham giving a sales pitch to the young and old
I wonder if he's on commission too on how many he actually gets sold

I will let you know in due course if I find this gadget any good
Proof will be in the pudding mind... If you see me in tight lycra jogging to Blackwood
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2020 :  15:39:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Croeso i Gymru I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here

I hope they've got an energetic Welsh border collie... to round up all those escaping creepy crawlies on ITV
Don't fancy going to sleep in Abergele with those cockroaches and arachnids crawling all over me

It's a bit different from being in Australia where a snake might slither, sneakily into bed with you
Instead teeth will be chattering and possibly their extremities might turn a shade of blue

It's great to see Wales promoted though and back on the tourist map
For that purpose brave contestants we will give you a well deserved clap!

Maybe if we see you struggling we will try and smuggle you something comforting in
Maybe some delicious hot chocolate.... you can warm it up in the popty ping

Good Luck!

Edited by - billbaily on 14/11/2020 15:41:58
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  13:18:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Bruce The Spruce Enjoys A Spruce Up

Browsing through the papers today noticed lots of adverts for Christmas trees
Rainbow striped, white, black & pink what eclectic varieties

Got thinking of ours, it's been part of the family for the last 20 years plus
It's certainly had a good innings and held lots of special, happy memories for us

I'm off into the attic now to look for our decorations and Bruce The Spruce - our Christmas tree
decided I'm going to pop him in the bath with a dollop of Glads luxurious moisture rich Tresemme

In goes the tree, a few needles are now floating and falling off
The Mrs. comes to see what's happening and says, "Are you having a laugh"

I was going to do it in the summer time not on a rainy day like this
but it's Christmas town light switch on soon and that date I don't want to miss

We love to see the grand children's faces when they call in to see our over decorated vintage tree
The look of wonder and excitement truly warms the hearts of Gladys & me

Important tip
When emptying the bath put a plug hole strainer in to catch all the loose needles or you will be needing a plumber!

Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2020 :  12:12:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Warning
Big Bird - Not To Be Taken Lightly

Be careful with that Christmas turkey, you may just inadvertently just strain your back
I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you folks as what happened to my best butty Jack

His Mrs had been cooking all Christmas morning - guests were arriving for a slap up meal at two
Poised with his protective oven gloves on ready, he only had one important job to do

The oven door was opened and a mouth watering, delicious aroma filled the air
But the bleeping turkey was way, way too heavy - put his back out - spent the rest of Christmas in his chair.

Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2020 :  13:30:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

L'Homme Francais Oignon

Anyone remember the onion man, he came from France along with his peddle bike
Handlebars overloaded with onion strings - it really was a fascinating sight

He always came to our street near Christmas time, knocking all of our doors one by one
Very often came in for a cup of tea, so as kids listening to him trying to speak English was always such fun

We always had a tiny French Christmas card, a lovely gesture is what we all thought
It probably helped the onion man though for all the plaited strings that we bought

Nowadays we just pop up to Lidl's - pick up our onions one bag or two
but it's lovely to have such memories as kids, because they really do stay with you

Joyeux Noel Mes Amis

Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2020 :  11:31:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Bills Winter Walk reveals A Green & White Man

On goes my favourite duffle coat and a wooly, welsh rugby scarf hugged warmly around my neck
We've all decided to stretch our legs and go on a local evening trek

Bill our dog is now jumping up & down - excited as can be
Always first at the door when there's a chance of going out with Glad & me

We stroll around the rows of terraces and my oh my what an uplifting sight we see
Houses upon houses are beautifully lit up with a decorated Christmas tree

Gladys comments how lovely the roof top icicles are, in their neat and regimental line
she also loved the decorated home in Rawlinson and said it was a really stunning, classy design

In Glyn Terrace Bill started growling at the Christmas Grinch staring out of a front window at all of us (Great fun)
had to give him a reassuring pat on the head to stop him making such a loud, noisy fuss

Pochin Crescent looked just lovely, complete with snowman and icicles shining bright
Really looked quite eye catching in the inky darkness of the night

We'd like to take this opportunity & say thank you for making our walk a real pleasure tonight - it really made us smile
and to say we really did appreciate you all for going that extra Christmas mile

Parents - Lovely family activity is to get a torch and a bag of pick a mix for your children and go for an evening walk to let them see everyone's Christmas decorations, they will love it.

Can't see there being our usual town Christmas light switch on gathering in the circle this year so this will be a fun alternative for them. Also for the rest of us to see you all passing with your torches will be heart warming for us too.

Come on residents get those decorations up for all our Tredegar kids to see!
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

943 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  20:06:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Making Happy Memories with your children

Well Bedwellty Pits looked picturesque tonight with the soft glow of street lighting along the row
and the myriad of stars up in the heavens were just amazing - they really put on a spectacular show

Walking past Bedwellty Gardens their Christmas outdoor lights looked captivating too
and do take a stroll past Southend because a magical sight is waiting there just for you

Kids get your family off their comfy TV sofa's & chair
go on an adventure and discover the delights waiting for you out there

It's important to make many happy memories - I remember doing so with my own dad
I promise you in later life it's something of which you will be very glad

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.